Community Forum
Legal

How long did your asylum interview wait take?

I filed my I-589 about 8 months ago and haven't heard about an interview date yet. Curious what wait times have looked like for others recently, and which service center you filed with.

Elena PetrovaImmigration Paralegal @ Petrova Legal Services
Immigration LawAsylum Cases
3 days ago

1 Reply

Hassan Ali
3 days ago

I filed with the Texas Service Center in January and got my interview notice about 10 months later. It really varies a lot by service center, so hang in there!

Sign up to reply and join this discussion.

Join thousands of members sharing immigration experiences and advice.

Create a Free Account

openUSA provides self-help software and general information only. We are not a law firm and do not provide legal advice or legal representation. For legal advice about your specific situation, please consult a licensed immigration attorney.

Need legal advice? Find an Independent Licensed Attorney →
(Attorneys listed in our directory are independent practitioners. openUSA.com is not a lawyer referral service and does not endorse or guarantee the services of participating attorneys.)

© 2026 openUSA. All rights reserved.